Springtime is upon us and it is time to re-freshen our surroundings. Here are a few quick and easy tips that will help make your spring cleaning a no fuss process.
1. An easy way to remove lime buildup from around the faucet is to lay paper towels over them and soak with vinegar for an hour. This will soften any buildup and make it easier to get rid of.
2. A combination of salt and soda water is a great cleaner for refrigerators. The coarse texture of the salt paired with the bubbling action of the soda water packs strong cleaning power.
3. You can get a windshield squeegee from an auto-parts store to clean windows. Squeegees work well, but so does a good old fashioned rag. Use soapy water and a rag to wipe the windows clean. Then dry the windows with another rag.
4. Use a scrap of carpeting to clean window and door screens. The carpet serves as a powerful brush that gets rid of all of the dirt.
5. To clean ceiling fans, coat the fan blades with furniture polish. Remove extra polish, then lightly buff.
6. Even if your pillows, blankets, and comforters do not need cleaning, they, like all of us, could use some fresh air after a long winter of being cooped up inside. Hang them outside on a balcony or clothesline for a day to air them out.
7. If your drapes could use some sprucing up, put them in the dryer with a wet towel and run them through the air-fluff cycle for 15 minutes. The wet towel will draw out dust from the curtains. Return them to the windows immediately.