So, you’re getting hitched. You will be gaining a lot when you get married. You’ll be gaining a new husband, new family members, and maybe even a new headache. However, before the big day, you will probably focus on losing. Yes, losing. Losing pounds that is. In order to drop a few unwanted pounds, or to just tone up a bit, you will need a clear and actionable plan. Here are 6 tips to help you lose weight before your wedding day.
1. Start immediately. Do not. I repeat. Do not wait until the last minute to try to cram in some extreme diet in hopes of losing weight days before the wedding. Begin making healthy changes to your diet and regularly exercising right away to allow yourself as much time as possible to enjoy steady, healthy weight loss. Waiting and then trying to rush your weight loss will only add more stress to an already stressful wedding planning process. Start today by adding more fruits and veggies to your diet. Try to stay away from processed foods. Control portion sizes, and keep healthy snacks handy. Do a little research to determine what constitutes adequate exercise for your personal needs and get to it.
2. Set short-term goals. Instead of focusing on the overall number of pounds you want to lose before the big day, try setting small, attainable goals each month between now and your wedding date. For example, do not harp on the fact you want lose 40 pounds, instead aim to lose four pounds a month for the next 10 months. As stated above, wedding planning is already stressful, so don’t allow your weight loss goals to become overwhelming.
3. Commit to a workout plan. You do not have to live at the gym to be successful with your weight loss. You can walk around your neighborhood for 30 minutes a day, and do exercises that requires you to lift your own body weight. There’s tons of great, free workouts online that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Whatever you decide, come up with a set plan and stick to it. Consistency is key.
4. Schedule your workouts. As mentioned in tip #3, consistency is key in weight loss. You have to consistently eat healthy and exercise. You can help ensure that you are doing both by scheduling them. Add workouts to your calendar to make sure they do not get overlooked while you’re busy planning your wedding and going about your daily life. You may even want to pre-plan your meals for these same reasons. A quick google search will help you find healthy meal plans and recipes that suit your needs.
5. Get a weight loss buddy. More than likely, one of your bridesmaids or someone else in the wedding wants to shed a few pounds too. Buddy up with that person during workouts and share meal plan tips. Work outs tend to be a lot more enjoyable with a fun, motivating buddy.
6. Enjoy the process. Do not allow yourself to become consumed with losing weight. Apparently, your honey is likin’ what he/she sees, and wants to marry you just the way you are. So, don’t let having a little extra to love take away from the happiness of this moment in time.
We can’t make the weight fall off, but we can make planning your wedding easier. Contact Unique Occasions byTNicole to learn how we can assist you with planning your big day. Visit us at http://www.uniqueoccasionsbytnicole.com.
Also, be sure to check out our blog post, “How to Avoid Becoming a Bridezilla”